СMK. History. 1941-1945
November, 1940 – is the conventional date of CMK foundation. It is the date of signature of the Order for introduction of the Rolling Plant No. 150 into the group of existing aviation companies of People’s Commissariat.
October, 1941 – During WWII the plant was relocated to Kuibyshev, and the metallurgical manufacturing facilities were evacuated to Kamensk-Uralsky.
February, 1942 Aviation Plant No. 150 was moved back to Stupino where it was restored completely within a short time.By the end of 1942 1942 the plant started the supplies of materials for die-forgings produced from the continuously cast ingots.
In early 1945, the special consumable-electrode vacuum arc melting was developed for the first time.